This pawsome toy will keep your pooch entertained for hours, and it can be made in just a few easy steps! Because this toy can be made with any jersey-type fabric, you can make it using scrap fabric, and in any combination of colours you like!
You will need:
- An old t-shirt or other jersey fabric (works best if you use more than one colour)
- Cut your fabric into four strips of equal length. The length and thickness of the strips will affect the size and shape of your final product, which means that you can make this toy for a dog of any size.
- Tie the four strips of fabric together at one end, making sure that the knot is tight and secure enough that it won’t come undone when your pooch plays with it.
- Spread the strips of fabric so they are laid out in a cross. Then take the top and bottom strips and cross them over the other two, in an “N” shape.
- Now take the left and right strips and cross them over and then under the top and bottom ones. When you pull this tight, it should look like a square made up of four smaller squares. This step is easier if you have used more than one colour of fabric.
- Repeat this pattern until you come to a few inches from the end of the fabric, and make another tight and secure knot. Snip off the ends if there is too much excess fabric, and hey presto, you’ve made a pawsome dog toy!
Top tip! If you’re having trouble getting the hang of the braiding, you can try using a simple three-strand plait instead. Just make sure you do it tightly – a loose braid might not last very long.
Have you had a go at our DIY dog toy? Send us a photo using #PawPosting, or post a pic to our Facebook page and let us know how it went!