This colourful toy from designlovefest will have your cat running round in circles, and it can be customised to use whatever materials you have available!
What you will need:
- Embroidery thread
- Wooden dowelling
- Cushion stuffing
- Any ric rac, pom poms, or other colourful haberdashery you can get your hands on!
- Cut a piece of paper in the shape of a diamond by joining two equilateral triangle shapes together. This will be your template.
- Now use the template to cut diamond shapes out of the felt. You will need two diamond shapes per catnip pyramid on the toy. These look best if you use different colours of felt so go crazy!
- Stitch together two diamond shapes, by first stitching one long edge of each together, and then folding the felt around to stitch the short edges together. At this point it should start to look like a 3D shape.
- Before you close the pyramid, fill it with wadding and catnip, and then stitch the side shut.
- Tie a length of thread to the dowelling, and glue it, or glue extra felt around it to make it extra secure.
- Now the rest is up to you! Attach your pyramids wherever you want along the thread, and then tie on pieces of ric rac, thread pom poms on, or use scraps of felt in whichever way your cat will love best!
And there you have it! A fancy and fun toy for you and your cat! Just be careful not to let your moggy play with it unattended.
Why not have a go and send us your pictures using the hashtag #PawPosting, or post them on our Facebook page!
All images via designlovefest.