There are many holiday themed treats our dogs can’t eat, but that doesn’t mean your pooch has to feel left out. These wonderful Christmas cookies can be tailored to your dog’s taste and have a fun festive twist.
You will need:
- 1 cup rice flour (or any other flour substitute)
- 3/4 a teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 tablespoon organic honey
- 3 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons of cranberries (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Combine the flour, applesauce, baking powder, honey and olive oil into a bowl and stir well.
- Lightly flour the surface and begin kneading the dough.
- Roll out the dough until 3/4 inch thick.
- Cut treats with a cookie cutter and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Firmly press some pumpkin seeds and cranberries onto the biscuits.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until firm.
- Turn off oven and open oven door, allow cookies to cool inside it for 20-30 minutes.
The cookies will keep for seven days when stored in an airtight container in a dry and cool area.
All photos and recipe via The Scrumptious Pumpkin