Unfortunately it’s time to put away the dog treats and get healthy again. Whether your pooch is trying to lose a few pounds or just wants to stay in shape, these treats will keep their hunger satisfied. They’re also made with human grade ingredients, so you can sneak one too.
You will need:
- 2 cups of oatmeal flour
- 3.4 cup of frozen strawberries, defrosted in their own juice (preferably mashed)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the oatmeal flour, mashed strawberries, coconut oil and egg into a bowl.
- Thoroughly mix it until the dough is moist and a little sticky.
- Roll pieces into small balls that are about 1″ in size and 1/4 thick.
- Once ready place them onto a baking sheet, making sure each ball has its own space.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Turn off oven and let the treats cool in there.
Recipe and photos via Proud Dog Mom