It’s Pancake Day! A glorious holiday filled with batter, sugar, lemon and whatever else you fancy. This year, bring your dog in on the festivities and treat them to their very own doggy pawcakes!
These gluten-free pancakes are made using buckwheat flour and polenta – perfect for dogs with wheat intolerances.
You will need:
- 1 medium egg
- 1/2 cup of buttermik
- 4 tbsp of peanut butter (two for the pancakes two for the peanut butter drizzle)
- 1/2 cup of buckwheat flour
- 2 tbsp of polenta
- 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- 2-3 tbsp of water
- In a bowl beat the medium egg and add in the buttermilk and peanut butter.
- Add in the baking powder, polenta and buckwheat flour until the batter is thick, add water if needed.
- Let the batter sit for 10 minutes.
- Put the pan on medium heat and add oil to prevent the batter from sticking.
- Add the batter to the pan with a spoon and cook for two minutes until the underside is brown.
- Flip the pancake and cook for an additional minute.
Peanut Butter drizzle:
- Mix two tablespoons of peanut butter with one tablespoon of warm water and drizzle over the pancakes.
- Use a bone-shaped cookie cutter (if you’ve got one handy) to cut each pancake.
- Top with washed, hulled strawberries, or your pooch’s favourite treats!
All images and recipe via The Worktop